Sunday, March 30, 2014

Scalloped Potatoes and Ham

 Tonight I decided to make this recipe because it will probably be the last time for a long time that I get to make it. :( We have to eat healthier so we have no choice but not to eat this delectable deliciousness! As you can probably tell I absolutely love scalloped potatoes and ham, it's by far one of my favorite foods. I think I could eat potatoes everyday, haha.

This recipe is also dear to my heart because in college they were the dinner of some of the best days shared with many friends in my life. If you knew me in college you knew that I absolutely loved to host dinners and every Sunday my brother and his roommates would come over to eat for dinner. I have so many fun memories of those days :) to all of you that we're apart of those days (you know who you are), thank you for making my life so special and so happy. You all touched my life in such a good way and I will always love you all for that.

So because we can't hardly eat them anymore please, for me, indulge yourselves in this amazing deliciousness.

Scalloped potatoes and Ham



Ingredients:
6 potatoes
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese (plus a little more to sprinkle on top)
3 Tablespoons flour
1 Cup milk
About 2 cups diced ham (or as much as you desire)

Directions:
Wash and slice potatoes into thin round slices, boil until tender.
Meanwhile in a pot melt butter over medium heat. Add cheese and flour, slowly add milk 1/8 of a cup at a time. Stir constantly until well mixed and thickened.
Drain potatoes and lay in a thin layer in a 10x13 pan
Pour cheese mixture evenly over the top.
Sprinkle on some ham and then cheese on top.
Bake in oven at 350* for about 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.

* another option is to omit the ham and serve potatoes with a side of BBQ chicken.







No comments:

Post a Comment