Monday, April 14, 2014

Barbecue Brown Sugar Halibut


Barbecue Brown Sugar Halibut
                       

As you all know Joe and I have been trying to eat healthier. This has not been easy and I knew something we needed to incorporate more into our diet was fish. I am not a fish person at ALL!! So although this probably isn't the healthiest way to make fish, I'm taking baby steps lol. Luckily this was by far the best Halibut I've ever had and that is saying a lot. It turned out very pretty too :) I found the recipe on Allrecipies.com http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Barbeque-Halibut-Steaks/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Thumb&e11=halibut&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page&soid=sr_results_p1i17 Here is the recipe for you! Enjoy!

Barbecue Brown Sugar Halibut

Ingredients for Marinade:
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
2 Cloves Garlic, minced (I didn't have this so I used a seasoning I did have by McCormick that was called Roasted Garlic and Bell Pepper and I used about 1/2 of a tsp)
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
2 Teaspoons Soy Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1lb Halibut Steak

Directions:
1. Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
2. Place all ingredients for marinade in a small saucepan. Warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally till the butter is melted and the sugar is completely dissolved. 
3. Marinade fish for at least 1 hour if possible. 
4. Place fish on grill  (joe placed ours on tin foil and it came out really moist!) at about 350*. Cook for about 15 minutes on each side or until fish reaches 145*. Baste with sauce during cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment