Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Saucy Southwest Sandwhiches

The other night I made these and ran out of time to make this post so here you go, better late than never right! :) I also forgot to take a picture so sorry this is a copy of a really old picture I took.

                             



Saucy Southwest Sandwiches

Ingredients:
8oz lean ground beef or turkey sausage
1tsp chili powder
1 can (14 1/2oz) del monte diced tomatoes with Garlic and Onion
1 can (11oz) Del monte summer crisp whole kernel corn, drained
4 hoagie buns

Directions:
Cook meat in a large skillet over medium heat until browned; drain. Stir in chili powder. Now this next step is optional, I personally like to blend the tomatoes up into a sauce and then add it to the meat but you can just add the can in. Blending them just makes it more like a sloppy joe is all. So stir in the tomatoes and then the corn. Heat completely. I also like to toast my buns but that is completely optional as well. Finally spoon the meat mixture into the buns and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment