Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Poppy seed Chicken Casserole

Last night I ran out of time to post this so i'll do it now. When Joe and I were dating my amazing now in-laws gave me a recipe book for my birthday. It has been the best cookbook ever! It's called, "Summer in the Country" it's one of those Goose Berry Patch books. It has soo many good recipes! One of the recipe's I love to make is called Mandy's Easy Chicken Casserole, or as I know it, Poppy seed Chicken Casserole. Here is the recipe for you guys...Enjoy!!!

Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
Recipe Yields 1 full 13x9in pan

Ingredients:
1-2 Cooked Chicken Breasts, Chopped (basically just put in however much chicken you like/want)
8oz wide egg noodles, cooked
1 10-3/4oz can of cream of chicken soup
12oz Sour Cream
4oz shredded cheddar cheese
4oz shredded mozzarella chesse (if you don't have this just put in all cheddar and it's still really good)
1 sleeve ritz crackers crushed or similar cracker (I had some garden vegetable ritz crackers once and that was really good too!)
1/4 cup margarine, melted
2 Tablespoons poppy seed

Directions:
1. Combine cooked chicken, noodles, soup, sour cream and cheeses in large bowl.
2. Pour into a lightly greased 13x9 baking pan.
3. Mix together melted butter and crushed crackers, sprinkle over top.
4. Sprinkle poppy seed over cracker crumbs.
5. Bake at 350* for 25-30 mins or until crackers are crispy and golden and cheese in melted.



No comments:

Post a Comment