Thursday, February 13, 2014

Lasagna night

Lasagna Night at the Moffetts!


So a while back one of my sisters told me that I should start a blog about what I make each night for dinner. I kind of started one but didn't stick with it. So I'm going to start it up again, every time I make something new I will post what I made and the recipe I used. Tonight I made lasagna for dinner and we had garlic toast made from homemade bread to go with it! MmmMmm it was tasty! :)


Here is the recipe for you, I tweaked it a little bit as shown below but the main recipe came from the target brand of noodles. 

Ingredients:
9 lasagna noodles (about half the box)
1lb. Ground beef
1 24oz jar of pasta sauce ( I used three cheese)
1 8oz package of shredded mozzarella cheese, divided 
1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
1tsp dried basil leaves
2 eggs slightly beaten
1 15oz container of ricotta cheese

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 375*. 
2. Bring 4qts of water to a rapid boil, add noodles and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook ground beef over medium high heat until browned. Remove from heat. Stir in pasta sauce. 
4. Combine 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, basil, eggs and Ricotta cheese in large bowl.
5. Spread 1 cup sauce in bottom of 13x9 -inch baking dish. Top with 3 noodles, half the ricotta mixture and one third of the meat sauce. Repeat once. Top with remaining noodles and sauce; cover with foil.
6. Bake 50 minutes. Remove foil; top with remaining cheeses. Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment