Sunday, February 16, 2014

Banana Bread

Today I decided to finally make some banana bread, my bananas were getting very ripe! This recipe is from my old college roommate Robin. Robin and I were roommates for about 1 1/2 years and we always had so much fun together cooking, hosting dinners, or just making treats for our friends. I love baking banana bread because it is so yummy and so cheap to make. This recipe is so good! In college we always laughed because within 10 minutes of it coming out of the oven it is always devoured.  Here is the recipe for you guys, I hope you enjoy it!

Banana Bread
Yields: 1 Loaf

Ingredients:
3-4 ripe bananas smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup of sugar (this can easily be reduced to 3/4c)
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1 pinch of salt (optional)
1 1/2 cups flour

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Mix the bananas and butter together
3. add sugar and egg
4. add vanilla and baking soda
5. add salt and flour
6. Grease and flour a 4x8 bread pan, pour batter into pan.
7. Bake for about 1hr or until done


No comments:

Post a Comment