Thursday, May 8, 2014

"Spaghetti and Meatsauce"

Okay guys I have to say this is one of my favorite dinners now, and it's sooo healthy!!! yay!!! It's so good Joe and I have had it two nights in a row now haha! My sister Sara actually told me about this recipe and I had heard of it on another website too so that just confirmed I had to give it a try. Oh and I'm so glad I did because it is AMAZING!!! Sorry it's not that good of a picture but just trust me don't skip out on this recipe, if you like Spaghetti you will love this recipe! Basically you take a spaghetti squash, whatever meat you want, and spaghetti sauce and wala it's amazing! Here is a more detailed recipe for you...

Ingredients:
1 Spaghetti Squash (this makes a lot of "pasta" probably enough for atleast 4 people)
1 Jar of Spaghetti Sauce/ or you can make your own but make sure if you buy it, it doesn't have high fructose corn syrup. The one I found in the picture below I found at Fresh Market and I was completely wowed by how amazing it tasted! I honestly could've eaten just the sauce alone it was so good!

1lb Ground Turkey or beef whichever you prefer

Olives (optional)


Directions:
Cut a spaghetti squash in half and deseed it. Place the open side face down on a cookie sheet that has been lined with tin foil. Bake in the oven at 450* for 30-40mins.

Meanwhile cook your meat and warm up your sauce.

When the squash is done carefully scoop out the insides, its amazing how it really does look like spaghetti noodles when you scoop it out! If you get some chucks I just used a fork to shred it up. Top your "noodles" with your meatsauce and top with olives.

This really is soo yummy and I definitely think it will be a for sure staple in our house from now on. It's so funny Joe and I can't stop talking about how good it was lol. I hope you all enjoy it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment